Jake continues to improve each day. I went to Jeremiah's football game last night, I think I am a jenks because once again they lost. But the fireworks afterwards was spectacular.
Kristina and Emery stayed with Jake. Jake was a little mad at me this morning because I thought the game would be on the radio. I told him don't worry you can listen and that will be fun. Well it wasn't on the radio so I heard about that this morning. I didn't mind him being mad at me because it took him remembering that he could listen, then getting on to me today when I saw him. But this left a big hole in their plans at the hospital. Emery and Kristina challenged him in a friendly game of "Go Fish" (which was about 20 rounds, what can I say the boy loves cards)
He was laughing when he told me this morning about every time Emery would ask Kristina for a card he would laugh because he had that card. Then he would just ask her for hers. I think they had a lot of fun.
Today he has had a lot of visitors. That is good since this was a light day of therapy. He sat in the dining room with Miah, Josie Grandma, Grandad and Emery. Then later visited a little with Joe and Kathleen. Then a few hours later he came back out and visited with Brady, Aspen and Chris. He is not getting as tuckered out as he was last week. This is just more signs of improvement.
He decided that he needed a shave this morning. He had not wanted the nurses to touch his beard but he said that Kristina wanted him to not look as scruffy. Miah told him that this would upset Bill because of the little cute club they are in.(ha) Jake had an answer for that too though, he said that sometimes Amanda wants Bill to do something that he doesn't want to do and he does it for her, Miah could not argue with that logic, so he helped shave Jake.
Today he is constantly hungry. He asked is it lunch yet, there was still 2 1/2 hours to go for lunch. I had to get him a snack. Then later he asked is it dinner yet and this time he still had 2 hours to go so yet again I had to get him another snack, I think he is going to be a little tubbier when we leave. He even asked Aspen if she would sneek him in some Arbys.
The other night he fell out of bed. I suspect that he was trying to get to the Little Debbie's that he knew Beth brought for him. When I asked him if that was what he was doing he just smiled his little devilish smile.
All of the email is wonderful, for those who wonder if we get it we do and I read it to Jake everyday. He laughs or sometimes he tears up.
We have great news, next weekend Jake may get to come home for a couple of hours, if he is still doing well. I think this is going to be great for him, but he may not want us to bring him back.
I can't say thank you enough for all of the support from everyone. I don't need to tell you how your prayers are working. I am so thankful to God for his mercy on Jake. I had so much fun seeing everyone at the ball game Friday, it felt good to just yell a little and laugh a lot at all of the funny things our great wow moms do
"Who let those Warriors Out?" "Who, Who, Who"
Love to all Ant.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
i have prayed everyday for my best friend jake and im so glad he is strengthening daily. however, i must point out that MMOM is not a cute club, but a very real, very serious organization. Just ask the man himself, Jake. But anyways, thanks for all these updates, it makes it a lot easier since im in Texas right now. Stay strong jake
we had SOOO Much fun last night didn't we Jake! we played so much cards, we were laughing seriously from the time i got there till the time we left! i thought that same exact thing Ben did when i saw the "cute club" written on there lol. but hey thanks for shaving for me Jake :) i miss you a lot and i can't wait till you get home and we can go to the river love you!
We too were upset that the radio didn't have the game on. I think there's only been one of our games on this season...We're thrilled to hear of your continued improvement, Jake. Doc and I may be in to visit tomorrow. We're trying to get our garden to bed, but it's supposed to be a day of rest. Maybe that'll get Dan to knock off early enough for us to get in to visit. Lots of love and prayers...Doc and Sue
jake, your logic is excellent my friend and i would never say anything serious about you shaving for k. it is awesome to see you better and amanda and i will be there tomorrow.
wh
Every thing I read is amazing. We are so greatful to God for bringing Jake
back to us. I know he has something
in mind for him to do. Prayers are really being answered. Kacey and Rosie's wedding was very beautiful.
Kacey cried. Tyrell sang a rather
interesting toast to the bride and
groom.
Take care to all of you
Loni
Jake we are so glad to hear that you are progressing so quickly. We can't wait to see you around Wasilla. We've been praying for you. And to Jake's mom: Your most recent blog states that you believe you are a JENKS because the football team lost, well I believe the bad kind of curse is spelled JINX. We found it quite humorous, and might I say, we the JENKS family are quite a lucky bunch, so maybe one of us should go to the football games with you :) Thanks for keeping us all posted on Jake's recovery.
Sorry about misspelling the word Jinx, I am a bad speller. I am sure that we just need the right kind of Jenks to come to the game by the way we play Colony next week could use your help. Ha
Post a Comment