Monday, October 02, 2006

Hey hey hey more pictures




Hi,

saw that Jake updated after we left, so that makes this easy, I will just have to put some pictures on. Only 2 little get ups before Jake will be home (hip hip hooray), I just hope I am not going to have to do the jumping jacks with Jake. He didn't say that he is on his own now, Justin took his wheel chair. He did most of his walking without any assistance, someone had to be behind him just in case he started to fall. At one point he was wobbling and running into me then his dad (just swaying back and forth) I told him that we were playing bumper cars, this made him start laughing that his knees were almost buckling.

They are thinking that he should be out by noon, if all the therapy sessions are early.

Jake is right, when he first woke up they would ask him if he was at a hospital or at school, he would always say school. They would correct him and say "well actually you are at Providence Hospital" I do think it is funny that now they are giving him homework, and making him come up with compound words, doing math problems, or alphabatizing. I think he was right all along.

The pictures are of Bill helping Jake walk while he was at home, some of the kids Jake is coaching or has coached (they were at the camp), and Amber, Stacy and boys coming to see him.

Love to all
Ant

PS Okay I lied, I did have more to say. Hey big rabbit, hopefully you can come out of your burrow and I will let you tell Helga to her face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jake, I am so excited with all your progress. It was just 3-4 weeks ago you were always on your hospital bed either sleeping or napping, and now you are going home! What a blessing to see you walk, talk and do jumping jacks and especially eating alot! I have gotten use to checking the blog everyday and look forward to what you had to say, are you still going to update? You know you are not going to have the same treatment at home as you had in the hospital, so you might be very busy while you are at home, especially cooking your own dinner! Enjoy your last day tomorow in the hospital and WELCOME HOME! I'll see you at church. Love you, Beth

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I put my message to you tonight on the wrong blog spot. It's on the Jumping Jack one. So maybe you can just go to the comments on that sight.
Love again.
Bubba

Donna McCulloch said...

Jake!!! You're busting out today! Ha! and doing jumping jacks??? WooHoo! Make your mom do them with you.. ;-) (Love you Ant!) Keep us updated as you continue to make progress. We love you so much and are continuing to pray for you.
Aunt Donna & Uncle Ray