Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It's castle time again



I can not believe that it is time once again to build the castle. Josie and I came up with some ideas for the castle and thought it would be a breeze this year, WRONG. She was going to use some plastic sheets that had holes. She was going to fill the holes with thread and make designs in it. Well the thread did not cover the plastic, so that looked bad. Then we thought we could use ribbon, well it was too thick to fit in the holes. So the next idea was to make it out of golden books, well that didn't work either because they were not long enough. We called Shaph and Autumn because they were going to come to help. I asked them to bring plaster of Paris. well they helped get all of the pieces cut out and we started to goop on the plaster of Paris. "WHAT A MESS" and it would start to set up before we got it on the plastic form. Another bust. It was now about 1:30 in the morning so we resorted to Josie's backup, "Duct Tape". Luckily Josie didn't have school on Monday so she went to work decorating her castle. I thought it looked pretty good when she was done. I really hope that I will never have to do another castle project as long as I live


And I have to say that out of 4 castle projects I didn't learn anything, maybe I am a slow learner. They tried to teach Darby how to build a castle too. She first had to learn some key words. I don't think she liked learning either. Shaph even let her help measure and calculate. I am really happy that Shaph and Autumn were willing to come over 3 nights in a row to make sure the project got finished.

Monday night Billie and Don made it in. They are here for Josie's graduation. Josie has school today and tomorrow then she is done, hurray.

Rick makes it home tonight (if the volcano doesn't blow). I don't understand how he missed out on every castle project, how does that work?

Love to all
ant

1 comment:

Jake said...

Happy mothers day to all of the mothers in Clan Collins in and out of Alaska.