Monday, September 14, 2009

WOW, Summer is over

I thought since my last post was at the beginning of summer that I should post again now that it is the end of summer.
Although it went too fast it was great. I got to go to my sister's house, Rick's parents and my parent's house. We took Josie to Lubbock and she is loving school. She is experimenting with cutting her hair, and even trying a little color. I love her natural hair color, but I know this is part of growing up.
Miah is working away at Kaladi's and going to classes at Mat-Su. He had to say good bye to Jack and then told me that now I have to be his best friend.
He is learning to make my coffee very well, and that is hard to do.
Sawyer worked all summer on the slope. He managed to save most of it. He did have time to do one important thing he got engaged to his sweetheart this summer. I have met her once and am looking forward to getting to know her better.
Jake and Kristina had some changes this summer too. Kristina is watching children out of their home. The daycare where she worked closed their doors and forced her into finding other employment. Jake started his job back at the middle school.
Shaph and Autumn had a busy summer too. Her sister and brother-in-law got to come up, but we missed their whole trip since we were down south the whole time they were up here. I was bummed that I missed them. They have had a fun summer hiking, fishing, and canoeing.
Darby got to go with me this summer. She visiting with her cousins (my sister's dogs) She would lay on a floaty and let Rick push her around the pool. I dumped her a couple of times so she didn't like me to take her for a ride.
It was a fun fun summer from start to finish.
better close
Love to all
ant

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sawyer is engaged??? Oh my word! Now we need pictures and the dish on this girl!! Tell Josie if she ever comes down south for AIM stuff to call us...we would love to see her!! One of our girls from Ft. Worth is at AIM and knows Josie...small world!
So glad for an update...now you need some pictures!! :)
Much love,
Jenn

Bill and Amanda said...

It sounds like you had a great summer! We miss you guys A LOT!!!

Antoinette said...

It is great to hear from you. This is a small world, I will let Jo know that.