Monday, September 11, 2006

Sleep, sweet sleep

Jake is still remarkably doing well. His dad made it in late Saturday night. Jake was happy to see him. We could not believe the peaceful sleep that he is getting not only at night but also while he naps during the day.

He walked down the hall today. He is getting stronger with each passing day. His physical therapist could not believe the strength and improvement in just the couple of days he was off.

Autumn his sister-in-law made him smile with a story she told about 2 friends from Church that she saw while in Homer at Josie's swim meet. Later that day the friends came by and he was smiling again as they challenged her a little. This was awesome to see.

He played his occupational therapist war (the card game) and beat her, this made him smile. When Kristina came by later in the afternoon he played her and didn't do as well. One time we asked what card he had played when Kristina played a King. He said a 5, well the card was 7 when we corrected him he said well it may as well been a 5, I think because he wouldn't have won even if it were a 7. His sense of humor is still fun to see.

He is still being positive, most of the time when I ask him a yes or no question he will say yes. I asked if he was going to say yes to everything I say and he said maybe.

Rick gets to stay until tomorrow then he will go back to work for a week. We truly love all of you. Jake still gets tuckered out pretty easy, but he is a trooper when the PT (physical therapist) asks him if he wants to keep going.

God is gracious in all of his improvement. Yesterday Jeremiah and I were singing with him, "I'll fly away" and he began to sing with us. I tried singing another song, but he didn't sing on that one, he said he likes I'll fly away.

We love all of you Ant.

13 comments:

akscotts said...

jake we are so happy to hear about all of your accomplishments - keep up the wonderful progress! we love you
the scotts

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,
We're thrilled with every day and every achievement. God continues to bless you and your family. We love you all. Love, Doc and Sue

Anonymous said...

Jake,

It has been a few days since I read your blog and I can't believe how well you are doing. I am so excited to hear all the great things that you are accomplishing everyday! Hillarie jumped up and down to hear you are doing so well. I know your family must be elated to have you back!
Love,
Dave, Mary and Hillarie

Anonymous said...

Oh, how good it is to see how rapidly Jake is healing. We are so thankful and will continue our prayers for all of you. Doctors, nurses and therapists as well as family and friends.
Lots of love, many prayers and warm hugs, JD & Devon Collins

Jenn said...

I'll Fly Away is one of Grace and Susie's favorite songs, too, Jake! Believe it or not, they know all the words and they have their own little motions (but just in the car, not at church. he he he) Your little Susie turns 3 on the 30th of this month. I remember the first time we went to ya'll's house in Wasilla for dinner and met you, you asked to hold her (all 2 weeks of her) and said, "I just want you to know that I love your baby!" Well, that baby loves you and is praying for you, just like we all are!! Keep up the great work, you card shark!
Much love,
The Greens

Anonymous said...

we are all so happy that you are doing to well. we hope that you will continue to recover, our prayers have been answered. we love you! - willis, mona, doyle, becky, rhonda, and families!

Anonymous said...

Jake~
You are the toughest guy I know! Keep up the hard work, and we'll keep praying for you! To check this blog every day and hear how you're healing is an inspiring daily ritual I think a lot of people like myself have been doing. We love you!
Kaydee

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,

We're so happy to hear how well you're recovering. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your folks as you continue to improve.

Love,

Dee, Stacey and Hailey

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake, we have been praying for you but we didn't realize that the person we were praying for is "our gym Jake". We are very happy to hear about your improvements and we want you to know that our entire church has been and will continue to keep you in prayer. We appreciate your beautiful spirit and the continued good example you set. May the God of All Comfort hold you close. We appreciate this site as well so we can see how you are doing. Stephanie and Caitlin

Anonymous said...

DAVIS FAMILY - JAKE YOU ARE VERY DEAR TO US - WE HAVE BEEN PRAYING CONSTANTLY FOR YOU AND ASKING OUR LEANDER CHURCH OF CHRIST MEMBERS FOR THEIR PRAYERS - GOD IS SO GOOD TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS - MAY YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE GREAT PROGRESS. WE'RE GLAD YOUR GRANDPARENTS, LARRY AND PAT ARE THERE - THEY ARE THE GREATEST.
LOVE FROM AUNT JEANNE,U.REESE,MICHAEL & BONNIE DAVIS IN TEXAS.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,
We are so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Sawyer keeps us informed. We want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Our entire church is praying for you. God bless you. You are loved,
Tom, Linda and Thomas Hoffman

Donna McCulloch said...

Hey Jake...well, I've always known that us Colins' have hard heads...now you've proven it the very hard way! LOL! You're still in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I'm so glad to hear how you're progressing everyday and giving everyone a hard time! Keep it up! Much love....
Aunt Donna & Uncle Ray

Anonymous said...

Glory to God! We love you and can't wait to see you home again!

Keep up the hard work Jake- The Katkus Family