Saturday, September 09, 2006

More progress

Last night Sawyer made it in, Jake was very happy to see him and hugged him for about a minute. I told Jake that I needed some rest, he was fine with this and I told him that Bill and Sawyer were going to spend the night with him. It was hard to leave, but I got some much needed sleep.

This morning when Bill and Sawyer left I told him that Sawyer was tired, his response was typical Jake he said "He was complaining about that all night" I had to laugh.

About 11:00 our friends Dr. Dan (Doc) and Sue Larson came by with Jeremiah. Jake talked a little to Doc and Sue, but when I told him that Jeremiah was there too his face lit up and he said I want Miah. It was very touching to watch them hug. He asked Miah how his game was, this really wore him out, oh by the way he was sitting in his napping chair, his words not mine, when all of this happened. He told us that he was getting sleepy so we left to let him rest.

This just reinforced to me that a 5 minute visit really wears him out. He slept for almost 2 hours when the physical therapist came in. He was doing deep knee bends, I told him it looked like he was dong defense drills, and he told me "I was". He then got to get his breathing tube removed this was a big milestone, and the gauze out of his nose. This wore him out for another hour or so.

The nurses came to get me out of a small dining area they have on the 5th floor and said that Jake wanted me to watch him do something. When I got there he was in the hall with nurses on each side of him, and he was walking. He had walked from his "napping chair to the hall" I was so proud of him. When he got back to his room he wanted back into the chair and his sitting nurse said she wanted to dance around.

You might be thinking that nothing could possibly top this day, but there was still another great mile stone. The nurse said "we're going to feed you Jake" to that he said "Yes" he loved the ice chips, and applesauce.

He is still anxious to get home. He asked me when he was going to get to come home. I told him soon. This did not seem to be a good enough answer. I asked him if he wanted me to bring some of his things from his room in to make it more familiar, and he said "No they might make me stay longer".

The nurse made him laugh too. He was saying to her go my way and I will fly away, and she said that sounds like a song, and he laughed out loud.

One other thing he was a little chilled, I told him that Bonnie had brought in his commodore blanket if he wanted it, and he said no, but Tell Bonnie thank you anyway. So thanks Bonnie.

There will probably be more great news because his sister, will come in tonight, and his dad gets to come home from work for a few days.

thank you again for all of your prayers, there is power in asking our Father for His help when we are so helpless.

Love to all Ant.

14 comments:

Amber said...

Jake your progress is overwhelming!!! My boys want to know when you are coming home too!! God is Good!

Anonymous said...

Ant, Jake's progress is so great! We are continuing to pray for his full recovery. Jenn, Aaron and the kids were here for a couple of days-we loved being with them. They talk often of all of you. Get some rest every now and then.

Anonymous said...

That's sooo exciting!!! Jake, you're the man!!! Love, Doc & Sue

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! What a healing Jesus!! Praise God for His goodness, He is so wonderful!
God bless you, Jake! There are people praying for you that don't even know you, and He's a great, big God that we serve!!

MrsM said...

Super happy to hear how fast Jake is coming along, our hearts are just overjoyed! Sending all of you Collins our prayers, we love you guys.

Love always,
Marty & Kiana

Anonymous said...

INCREDIBLE! Jake, with all of your hard work comes incredible progress. Keep it going strong! You are in our prayers several times a day. God Bless You!
Love, The Niver Family

cilee said...

The Williams family are still praying hard Ant!

Way to go Jake! You are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Jake, Im so glad that you are improving so much! We've all been praying for you and God works in wonderful ways! You are always under his care:) Im so happy for you! Collins' are some tough cookies:)

Jake said...

Jake and family. We love yawl so much it just chokes me up to learn that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.
JD & DV

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Jake is doing so well. Listening to his milestones reminds me of Michael's milestones when he was in the NICU. Everyone's prayers worked for him and it sure does look like they are working for Jake. Jake is loved and we all can't wait until he is back and doing the announcements.

Cynthia, Michael Adam, and Mason Street.

Anonymous said...

Jake, that is awesome! Im glad ur doing so much better. My parents and i pray for u everyday and we hope that u continue getting better.
Love,
Leah

Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Jake, We are so thankful for the Lord's hand on you! You are and have been constantly on our hearts and prayers. I would love to see a spiritual map of all the prayers shooting toward heaven for you! You are an overcomer! Praying for "speed explosion" in your healing! We love you! Kristie & Bailey

Anonymous said...

Jake,
God is so wonderful!! What a blessing it is to hear of the progress you have made thus far. We will keep praying for you and your family.
Blessings abound for you.
Mary Beall and family