Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Jakes home

Hi everyone, I just thought I would confirm for you that Jake did make it home. We left the hospital around 1:00, he had to eat lunch first.

We had 2 vehicles in Wasilla, so I stayed in and did some much needed grocery shopping. Jake came home and took a little nap. I am going to enjoy having him home with us, Kate, his speech therapist suggested that it would be a good idea to give him a routine to follow. Since neither of us are good at schedules this might be a challenge. I decided that he could help me cook lunch and supper. He thinks this is all a conspiracy to make him start listening to mom. I think I will like this rule. Tonight he made pepper steak. He did pretty well, I was a little nervous letting him cut the meat into smaller pieces, but he did fine. He is not using any aides for walking, so sometimes his balance scares mom, he usually just starts laughing at me jumping to save him. We do have to be right behind him though, and he can't go anywhere without someone making sure he isn't going to fall, hopefully this won't get too old too soon. (it might get old for mom, I told him that I was not going to get him a bell because that would probably drive me crazy)

I think tomorrow I am going to add laundry to our schedule. He says that he has only been home one day so he shouldn't have any laundry. I told him that was okay he could do Miah's laundry, he didn't like that idea. I am trying to write in a nap time for both of us too. This schedule making might be fun.

We are thrilled that he is home, and know that this does not mean he back to normal. His doc said that it will probably be at least 3 months before he will be able to drive, then he has to pass a disabled test to make sure he can follow all of the instructions. He is thinking that it will be a couple of months before he can have a full time job. He doesn't want Jake to get frustrated with himself. His attitude has been so good. I am so thankful that he is so good natured.

We thank everyone for all of their support in getting us this far, there were many times that we leaned on you that you might not even be aware of. Your love is truly felt. I took some pictures of Jake with his nurses, and with his therapists. I will post those tomorrow, sorry I am so tired.

We love you all
Ant.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Jake!

The Cook Family

MrsM said...

Welcome home Jake, it was really nice seeing all of you tonight.

Love you guys

Jake said...

Congratulations Jake, we love you very much.

akscotts said...

we are so happy for you jake!!! it just makes us smile and praise God for all the progress you've made!!

Donna McCulloch said...

Jake we are SO happy that your recovery has progressed so far so fast! I know you'll keep your mom on her toes...as always! We love ALL of you so much!
Aunt Donna & Uncle Ray

Anonymous said...

Jake and Family,
So glad you're home and don't have to make that drive into Anchorage every day, Ant. We praise the Lord that you've recovered so much faster than the doctors thought. Would love to have some of your home-cooked meals. Keep up the good work.
Our dog, Cruiser, has decided he doesn't want to stay in the pen anymore, so we may have to put up an electric fence. He's a big, beautiful dog.
Have a great day. Much love from Granddad and Bubba
Much love from Granddad and Bubba

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Celeb, Ant, Rick and family,
Welcome home!!
So happy you get to feel home, and don't have to make that drive to Anchr. every day. A little sleep won't hurt either huh Ant.?
Keep getting stronger. We'll keep praying. You have come so far and we Praise God for full recovery as it keeps on coming.
We know there is still "stuff", yet we smile as you gain it all back.
Love you guys,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are home. Hope to here from you sometime.

Matt, Rebecca and Ema Peterson
valleyrivercharters@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Jake,
It was so great talking to you tonight. You're sounding more like the "old" Jake every time we talk. We're so looking forward to seeing you in Florida at Christmas, Lord willing. Aunt Joan is just in awe of you and your whole family. Almost every time we talk, she keep saying how wonderful you all are. Of course, we think so. Keep up the good work and we'll talk to you again soon. Tell everyone hello for us.
Love from Texas.
Granddad and Bubba