


Hi sorry we haven't updated in a couple of days. Jake had a lot of visitors last night, so he didn't take time to write, and then tonight is his pass night, therefore it is another late night.
The camp went well. I wanted to tell all of the coaches thank you for their time and talent. It is really awesome to meet all of these people who Jake knows but I have still to meet. I am posting a picture of the coaches
Tonight Jake went to pick up Shaph and Autumn. They hadn't seen him walk yet. Then He and Rick went to the big poker tourny. I was already there, Jake wanted me to play. I was doing pretty good, it's hard to do bad when you get pocket Aces twice, and then I had to move tables, and I got bored so I went all in on pocket 3's. Jake was not surprised. I really want to thank Doc and Sue for making the tourny happen, it was a lot of fun. (When we left Doc was still in there).
He is having a good time hanging out at the house, he is expecting me to feed him like they do at the hospital, and I havn't been to the grocery store with all of the hospital running.
The article in the paper was really nice, Rick was really pleased on how good of a job they did on it. We were surprised to see it on the front page.
Love to all Ant


5 comments:
Did Jack's dog get to visit too? Probably not eh?
Good to hear the poker tourny went great and you guys had a good time. That was a great article in the paper, bet that brought a lot back reading it. It was very well written but I still think Rick or Jake should write a book on it. If they every make a movie on it I know a great canidate for a narator too!
Love you guys
Hi, Jake! Wow, you made the front page! They did a good job on the article, and your pictures were great. You're looking better every day. It is incredible to see how many people love you, Jake. I always think of you as "ours" but you have touched a whole community of people with your kindness and generosity, and now they are touching you back! I know it's humbling (I've been there) but just think of it as God reaching down and blessing you through all of us. And believe me, you're worth it! Love you TONS!
Wendy P
If yawl have a scanner, please scan the article and email to us. Glad you are still improving and we are still praying for yawl. We love you all and look forward to the next time you come to Texas for a visit.
JD & DV
I loved cliking on the ADN yesterday afternoon to read the paper (yes, I still read it here in Texas) and seeing the article about you and Rick! How cool and the story was written so well that it was giving me chills....
Josie is looking WAY too old in the pictures...you boys are going to have to start doing some major protection for her pretty soon, I'd say, to keep all the boys at school from her!!
Keep up all the great work!
Much love!!!
Dear Rick & Jake,
Wow! What an article. We were able to pull it up on the internet and a lot of people here in Texas are reading it. Joan e-mailed to her family, Bill Huggins and other relatives. Joan, Karen and Traci have already decided who should play the parts in a movie. There are some disagreements, though. We got to see Katherine and Jerry last night when we went to Burnet to hear Darrell Debo preach in what he says is probably his last gospel meeting (he turned 75 last month). I had printed out a copy for Katherine, but told her she couldn't read it until after church was over. Dad took a copy to Arlan and Beth. We are so extremely thankful for all the blessings your family has received from God and all the others who have touched your lives. Everyone here is still praying for you. Aunt Judy and Uncle Duryl don't have e-mail, but they're coming up Wed. on their way to Mississippi, so they'll get to read it. So glad Shaphan and Autumn made it home. I know they had a wonderful time and bet they were surprised to have Jake meet them. We're about to leave to take PaPaw Darrell out for a birthday lunch. Will talk later. Our prayers and love to all,
Granddad & Bubba
Post a Comment