You may be wondering what my father-in-law, Don is doing I should make you guess
a. he is doing calastinics
b. he is bowling
c. he is shooing flies
If you guessed b you are correct he is playing bowling on the wii. He is already pro.
We have also been introduced into the world of softball. My kids have never played organized softball and to my knowledge they had never played softball. Well this became very apparent when Josie was playing a game. Some kids from Church joined a league and asked if she and Miah would be on it.
The first time up to bat she stood on the plate facing the pitcher. The ump straightened her up so all was good. She came up to bat twice that first game and got a hit and ran to first.
Well there were 2 games so we thought that she kind of knew what to do now. She sat out until the 3rd inning and when she came up to bat she went to the left side, at first I thought she was going to try and bat left handed, but then she turned her back to home plate and got into her batting stance. It was really funny. The ump had to back her up into the right box. We were all laughing, well she got a hit her 3rd swing and ran toward first and plowed over the 1st baseman. she was so worried about helping her up that we thought she was going to get tagged out since she wasn't on the base.
Jake got to play too. He had so much fun. He said that he never understood uncoordinated girls who couldn't hit a ball, but now he does. He did make contact one time, it was a foul, but still it was contact.
I tried to talk him into playing, but he didn't want to be the easy out. Well when we showed up to the game they didn't have enough people so he had to play. (God nudging Jake you be the judge). He ended up loving it, he knew the pitcher on the other team so he was trash talking him so bad, telling him "if I get a hit on you, I am going to call your mom up and you will never hear the end of it" He was also saying that he had been faking the coma just for this occassion so that he could knock on out of the park and shock everyone.
It was so much fun.
Miah had his regional track meet this weekend. Billie, Don and I thought it would be fun to drive down to watch Miah run his relays. We left in plenty of time to get there before he ran, they were scheduled for 1:00. We were about 30 minutes out of Soldotna at 11:45 when the traffic stopped. At first I thought there was road construction, welcome to Alaska in the summer right, but no. We were stopping and going, and stopping and going. Then we just stopped. A man came and told us there had been a bad accident. They had an alternate route but about 10 or 15 minutes before we got to it a motor home caught fire on it and closed it down. They thought it would only be an hour or so before it reopened. Well 3 hours later we were finally able to go on that alternate route and I could see how a motor home might catch fire on it, it was so dusty from the cars in front that sometimes you could not see the chug hole big enough to swallow a car. Anyway we got there just in time to pick Miah up off of the bus and bring him home with us. So I figured that we traveled 10 hours to eat at DQ crazy Alaskans the only DQ in the state so really that doesn't sound so crazy.
Still having a great time with the in-la


1 comment:
Maybe Grace should come up and give Josie some softball lessons. She was player of the game last week!! I love the picture of the Wii bowling...I so think we are going to have to get one for someone's birthday, I don't know who yet...maybe the dog. I love all the pictures!!!
Post a Comment