As I sat cheering on one son while he played ball, another son would be fighting to stay alive. As I laughed with friends Rick was crying and praying alone trying to get to our injured son.
I took my healthy normal family so for granted. I didn't think anything bad would ever happen to us. How arrogant.
Sometimes it is hard to believe that it has already been 2 years ago since Jake fell, but at the same time sometimes I forget what it was like before the accident. I don't want the accident to define our family, I would like Jakes recovery to be more a testiment of God's love.
Had it not been for the love of God Jake would not have made it off the mountain. Had it not been for the love of God Jake's recovery would have been harder if not impossible. Had it not been for the love of God there would have been bitterness. The love of God is good, and the love of His people is good.
Sometimes as a mom I find myself questioning why this had to happen to my son. Sometimes as a mom I am sad thinking about all he's gone through. I try to quickly suprese these emotions. I know they are not from God.
I heard not long ago that blessings are things that bring you closer to God, and I have to say that I do feel as if our family has gotten closer to God through this difficult time. We know that you and all of your love helped us get through this.
Thank you again for all of your prayers on behalf of Jake and our family and our praise goes to the only one who is worthy of praise, God Almighty.

Love to all
ant


2 comments:
This is a wonderful post, Ant....We are so very thankful for the love and faith that all of you Collins have for God and the example that ya'll are to us. What a blessing of faith that ya'll have passed down to your children! Love ya'll.
ant- that made me cry reading that. you are so right that we sometimes take for granted all we have. it makes me appreciate all i have. there are always blessings even in the hard times - God is always good. we love you guys
Post a Comment