Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hope you had a merry little Christmas

Jake and Ben just wanted to get in the Christmas spirit.  They were good sports for me.


I can not believe that Christmas is already over.  All of the hustle and bustle of the season.  We had a great time with family and friends.  As I was looking for Kristina's gift I had a funny series of events that only makes me laugh.  I wanted to find her a digital camcorder, so off I went in my search.  I found the one I wanted at the Walmart in Eagle River.  I bought it without opening the box.  I did the rest of my shopping and drove back home.  When I got there Amber was there dropping Josie off, she had been baby sitting for her.  I was excited to show her the camera. As I opened it I noticed that it had been opened, not only opened but also used.  The box was ripped and it was obvious that it was used.  I did not want to give her a used camera so I called the store and told them what I found.  The looked in the back and found another one but told me that I needed to drive in that night for them to hold it for me, so I jumped in my car and back to Eagle River I went.  The photo lady was a little snotty, but that was okay.  I got back home around 8:30 and was tired from all of the driving.  I wasn't going to look at the camera since the box looked new, but Stacey came down so I wanted to show it to her.  As I opened the box I commented that it already looked better, but as I went through the items the camera was not in the box.  They sold me the demo box.  It was about 10:00 so I knew that no one would be in photo, but I called and talked to the manager on duty.  She was really nice and we got it straightend out the next day, but I thought it was so funny if I would have wrapped up the box without looking inside Kristina and I would have both had a shock.

We had a great time.  Rick got a snow blower for me, and he used it (having pity on me because I have a cold, or just because he is a nice guy) but most of his work was erased because we had high winds that blew alot of the snow back into the driveway.  Oh well

We love you
and hope everyone had a great Christmas

Love to all
ant

No comments: