The news just gets better this evening. Jake told Ant, " I want a hug, I love you, mom" He didn't have to ask Ant twice. He also went on to say, "I want grandma" and gave her a hug. He gave Autumn a hug and then told Bill "I love you, Bill".
The nurse also asked Jake if he was in any pain and he said "No". We are so glad to hear Jake speak and we look forward to him making eye contact. Keep up the hard work, Jake!
Although Jake is interacting with family the therapist and doctors still strongly recommend that visitations are limited to family. So if all could continue to send their prayers and loving thoughts Jake's way it is greatly appreciated.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
All on his own!?!? This is GREAT news. Jake is one tough guy.
That is awesome news! God is great. I have prayed that Jake's recovery be rapid and that it amaze the medical professionals. It is beautiful to see God glorified through Jake!
I have two giggling little boys, excited and jumping up and down by my side because of the wonderful news. They have been faithfully praying for Jake for nearly three weeks. It is powerful to see our prayers answered so directly. We are in awe of our magnificent Father. We continue to pray daily. We love you.
Go Jake, Go Jake
We love all of yawl, hang in there.
Praise the Lord, and the prayers will continue!!!!!!!!!!!! Our love to you all, we miss you.
keep after it jake. good job buddy.
Way to go, Jake! Jake is the poster representative for those people who don't believe in the power of prayer! I keep the girls and Ed updated everyday. We in the Cook family are all thinking of you and praying for you.
It looks like he is almost to step 5. That's pretty good considering most teenagers are at level 7 until they leave home. You know
Unrealistic planning for the future.
Unable to think about consequences of actions.
Over estimates abilities.
Unaware of others needs or feelings.
Oppositional/Uncooperative.
Ha! Ha! Seriously Jake. Keep up the good work. There is someone patiently waiting (in God's time) for you to recover.
God Bless you Jake!!! You GO, young man! We continue to pray for you constantly and we send you and the whole crew lots of love...and I still say my big brother is one of the bravest people I know, along with my sweet sister-in-law!
Love you guys! D.
Hey Jake, we check on you daily and pray for you even more.
Three weeks is a long time to go without seeing your smiles. I wish you could be a part of our game nights and sharing your goofy stories about the "hot skinny latte" and speed walking and April Fools Day and surviving childhood as a Collins. We love you so much it hurts, but we know you are, and always were, in God's loving hands. Get well soon.
Love, James and Andrea
That is wonderful news!!! We are praying for you everyday, Jake. Keep up the good work. Caleb & Betty Austin
Post a Comment