Jake had a great time getting out of the hospital yesterday. He got a 6 hour pass and decided that he really wanted to go to Church. He loved seeing everyone, singing songs of praise, and listening to his Brother Bill preach. He went home for a little while looked at his sheep horns, then we had to take him back. He napped on the drive and a little when we got back to his room, but I was surprised that he wasn't nearly as tired as I thought he would be. He then had a party (thanks Bonnie and Kiana) at the hospital dining room. He loved all of the hugs. I don't think it was much of a surprise, but what do you expect when Jake tells 7 people, I think he was so excited he couldn't help himself.
His OT said that with all of the progress he is making she would not be surprised if he is in the hopital only another week or so. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one. She said they didn't exect him to be at this stage for another couple of weeks. Praise be to God.
He really enjoyed having his brothers come to see him this weekend, and he really misses Shaph and Autumn, but is enjoying talking to them on the phone. Josie made it back from the Penninsula, so he saw her a little yesterday too. He beat Sawyer at cribbage, he is getting a very big head, so I have to beat him today. I am taking off the kid gloves :).
It is back to his tough schedule today. Love to all
Ant
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You don't know me, Jake, but someone asked me to pray when you fell, and PRAISE GOD for all your progress!! It's great to see how well you're doing!! What a healing Jesus! He is the same Jesus we read about in the bible, He's the same yesterday, today and forever! God bless you!
Your anonymous praying friend in WA
Hi Jake so glad to hear that you are doing so much better today. I love seeing the pictures you seem so happy. I am continuing my prayers for you. I will be speaking to the youth group Wed. night about you and the prayer blanket. Is it o.k. if I give them your blog address if they want to contact you? Have a great day and May God Bless You. Barb of MN
hey commadore, hope all is going well with you today, dont work the ot and pt too hard, but make them earn their money. it was great seeing you at church and i hope to get to ride around with you soon and listen to some kuntry krusin. love you brother, wh
ps. i hope to drop by tomorrow.
Hi Jake, It was such an encouragement to have you at church with us yesterday, along with your mom and dad.....God blesses us all in so many ways. Keep up the good work. Ramona
Post a Comment