hi everyone, I am doing okay. I am back to my old rough schedule as far as my therapy goes. My therapist Justin was surprised at how well I could walk today, and my reward was he made me walk everywhere.
After lunch my mom gave me a haircut this got hair all over my shirt and pants, so she made me change. That only got hair on my clean shirt.
I met a guy named Red today. He was one of the men who rescued me off of the mountain. He was glad that I wasn't heavier, this made me chuckle.
Coach Marvel came in and watched me do a little PT, then we had a nice visit.
Guess I better go so I can see if it is time for supper.
Jake
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Hey Jake! It sounds like you are doing great. We are so happy to hear it. I never knew you were such a card shark. I just bought two alpacas so things are getting busy around here as I try to get a fence built so that I can bring them home. We thank God and continue in prayer for your recovery.
Commodore - this is the Quartermaster. sounds like you are gaining your strength more and more daily. you should try and read some Louis L'Amour while you are still holed up in there, if you want to borrow some of the books from my pops, he has all of them. Im glad you are getting your daily fill of Little D's. Seems like everyone knows what we are all about, MMOM, Lil D's... we are the coolest kids we know! Well take care im prarying for you bro. I love you man. The Quartermaster
Jake,
So good to hear you are recovering well. I knew it would be hard to keep you down for long. I know you won't have a problem keeping focused and working hard. I hope to visit with you when we get off the "Island" next time. You are still in our prayers and thoughts constantly.
Coach Andresen
Dear Jake,
Our prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery. It sounds like you are giving it your all. May God Bless you always. It is wonderful to hear that you are doing better each day. My daughter Chelsea prays for you all the time. She really enjoyed vacation bible school this summer with you and the rest of the characters. Have a restfull evening.
Christ's Love,
Rodney, Debbie, Chelsea and Austin Ficken
Jake,
Shelby has been coming home every day and keeping us updated on you and your progress. We are so happy to hear you are doing well. We have been thinking of you daily and you have been in our prayers. We are pulling for you and a speedy recovery. We want to see you back on the court coaching where you belong!!!
Take care,
The Fultons
Larry, Brenda and Shelby
hey you,
i told you i'd write you a comment so i'm keeping my word by writting you a comment. i really have nothing to say and i feel really weird having your mom read all this to you (HI ANT!) i love your new hair cut and BY THE WAY!! i didn't MAKE you shave Jacob Orin Collins! all i said is i wouldn't have let you in the past cuz i didn't like kissing you with a full blown beard! haha. i'll see you soon i love you :) -Kristina
Hi Jake,
It was great to see you! Caleb and Luke had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your precious Little Debbies. Caleb has already picked out his next game to play with you. We will see you soon.
Love and cowboys and Indians,
Jake! Your blogging!!! Thats so great. It's so great to hear your doing so well. We can't wait to come visit - I think I've almost got this cold licked so it shouldn't be to long. You better enjoy having all those hospital staffers wait on you hand and foot while you still can haha, but don't get use to it - we really miss you out here. Sending all my love, Marty sends his too..
Kiana
JAKE,
It is SO AWESOME to read YOUR words on the blog!! You are doing GREAT and I can't wait to get out of jail:) so I can come and see you again. (for those of you reading this who don't know....I'm a correctional officer who works week on week off!!) I'm glad you FINALLY got to have one of the Lil' D's we brought you!! I'm sure you have missed them. I'll see ya soon commodore! Keep those therapist busy OK.
Jeff
Hey Jake! It's so great to hear about your progress in your own hand. Keep on beating your Mom in cribbage...I know she's tough to beat. ;-D WooHoo! (Hi Ant! Hugs from your SIL)
I'm sending you a CD of The Sweet Expressions. I hope you enjoy it!
Much love from Texas...
Aunt Donna and Uncle Ray
so happy you are doing better, praying for you always. And i see you still have your since of humor!
veronica
Hey jake,
It sounds like you are doing a lot better. I am sorry that I cant be there to see you all the time, but I will be heading back down this weekend to visit and pick up my cruiser. I am glad to hear that you are improving so fast. Before you know it you will be able to TRY to beat me at wrestling again. I love you and I am praying for you.
Sawyer
Hi Jake my name is Barb from MN my nephew Austin plays football with your brother in Wasilla. I am glad to hear that you are doing so good. I will continue my prayers for you and your family for your healing. Keep up the good work. What do you think of your prayer blanket? It came from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's Youth group here in Hastings. God Bless you!!
Hello guys, this is Marci again. I'm on the phone with my mom and she has had trouble leaving a comment so I'm going to leave hers for her.
______________________________
"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31"
This reminded me of what Jake is going through and how he is recovering so quickly. His strength is inspiring.
Knowing this family from years past and the love that you have for one another and the faith you hold in God is refreshing and beautiful. Just to see how God is working in your lives through Jake is amazing.
Jake, ask your Grandma Pat and Grandpa Larry and your mom Ant who we are. We met you when you were a wee tyke but your mom I have known forever. We are so proud of you Jake. You are in our prayers.
Marilyn and Jerry Williams
(and Marci Williams Holmes)
Post a Comment