

I know that it is more important to have an update from me than no update at all. Jake has got such an appitite that he no longer needs to have any assistance in feeding. He is excited to be all on his own. Everyday he is getting back to his ole self.
Most people who don't even know him ie nurses, or therapist comment on how he has a twinkle in his eyes that they haven't seen.
He is still a little wobbly while walking but he is getting steadier with each passing day.
His memory is improving too, although he does not remember what happened to land him here in the hospital he is beginning to remember the hunt. While chatting with his dad he remembered the drive to Nebezna and the four wheeler ride into thier camp. I was jazzed about this as he hasn't remembered any of this before today. He even remembered that the mountain that he was climbing on was really rough. He still doesn't remember the fall though.
They really have been working him hard. He seems to love it though. I think he knows that this is making him stronger. Just so everyone knows he will not be at the hospital during the afternoon on Sunday. He gets to have an afternoon pass. I think know that it may be hard on him coming back, but he has such a great attitude about getting better I don't think he will be that bad.
Thought everyone would like to see a few pictures of Jake so that everyone can see for themselves that he is doing great
Love to all
Ant


13 comments:
Against popular demand Jake is not dressed up like the Frito Bandito! He is dressed up like Pancho, you know Pancho and Lefty.
Forgot to mention Wasilla VS Colony tomorrow night.
GO WARRIORS
Josie heads for Soldotna for a swim meet tomorrow morning. Swim, honey swim
Jake~
I don't think anyone would wanna mess with you by the looks of the Pancho picture! Thank goodness there's a "normal" more "Jake-like" picture right underneath! We continue to pray for you, and delight in hearing about your progress---although we know you're tough, and it's pretty much what we expected! :)
See you soon~
Kaydee (Caraway)
Coacher--
Just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you. I miss you at open gyms. Especially our talks about PW or NJ or any of the other acronyms we have. Oh...and skigit. I think I've lost the last 3 games to you. What does that make me now? 100-5? Hah! Don't worry my friend, you'll catch up soon.
The girls miss you. I'm bringing them in to see you this weekend.
Have a good one and keep getting better. Oh...your twenty pairs of shoes are still in the locker room. :)
Coach Marvel
Looking good Commodore. I like the Pancho picture of you, thats quite the stache. Also reminds me of your rawhide suit or whatever that thing is. Well i miss our talks over coffee, but soon, soon. ttyl bro. - The Quartermaster
Hey, I think you need a cigar and a horse to go with that "real man" look! I must say the pictures were GREAT! Somehow it's really easy to picture you semi-tormenting the nurses with your devious deeds! We welcome that! Hope to see you soon, you are definately missed by everyone! I just thought of your bumpersticker that is on your car, "Lord help me get through Wasilla"! Well, so many people are so for you that you won't be able to hide too well....you were enough of a celebrity before:)!You've touched many many lives, now you get to be touched! So Pancho, be blessed! Kristie
Wow Jake, You look great! I'm hoping we can make it in either Saturday or Monday to see you. I'm finally over this cold too, so you won't get any cooties from me - swear! haha
I don't know if you like them but I made some mini "REESE'S Peanut Butter 'n' Chocolate Pies" tonight and thought I might bring you one with a long overdue hug. Miss you tons, can't wait to see you.
Love always,
Kiana
Ant,(Jake)...
Awesome. Our GOD is awesome.
You are doing sooo great! I know
it won't be much longer and we can see you closer to home.
We sure love you and your family.
What a joy to see your handsome face,Jake! Ant you have my sympathy trying to keep Bill and Jake from....whatever.(smile) Thank you so very much for the updates. We are still praying for your whole family. Jake, nice photo! Mike says he can't wait to play ping-pong again with you.
Taffina Katkus
Jake,
Keep up the hard work. I hope all went well with Bill tonight. You'll have to let us know!
Love and Frito Bandito,
Amber
That is one awesome Pancho outift. You are ready for Halloween already.
Marci (Williams) Holmes
Hey it's the return of the Frito Bandito! Now that we have a boy in our family, we are going to have to have our own Frito Bandito, eh? I love the pictures, Jake! You look awesome, and I'm sure that you and Bill were up to no good last night!!
We miss you and are so very thankful that you are doing so awesome!!! There are new pictures of the girls and Parker on our blog...you need to come down to Texas and see us all when you get done with all this hospital stuff!! he he he...keep up the great work!!
Jake,
It's great that you're beating your mom in games (I know Ant can get pretty creative with her versions of the rules). Just another sign of your recovery!
Dee
We are amazed at your progress Jake, we have been away and not been able to check for awhile....keep up the good work and we'll keep up the prayers!!!!!! God bless you!!!
John and Lynn Berg from Colorado now.
HeyHey! I had a lot of fun with you and Bill and Amanda last night! I missed all those songs we used to listened to in your car driving everywhere(now honey, don't warey...haha)I hadn't gotten to talk to you alone in a while so that was nice too. I miss driving around with you going no where and sitting with you at the river just listening to the water we need to do that soon ok! I won't be able to see you tonight because of that spagetti dinner, I'm supposed to be a waitress woohoo! I'll make sure and take lots of pictures for you. Love always-Your Girl
Post a Comment