
Please don't restart your computer, your eyes are not deceiving you. I am blogging. I wasn't sure if there was anyone still checking this blog and I was told yesterday that someone, I won't mention any names, that they still check almost every day to see if there is anything new. I am sorry I am not very good at this.
Jake is continuing to improve. After the holidays he seldom uses his cane. His balance although he still sometimes struggles with it is still very good.
He is still not driving, but is going to start with a driving class in April, or after basketball season.
I think the class is between 4 and 6 weeks, and they are in Anchorage.
We have an appointment with his Dr, from the hospital early Feb. I know he will be surprise at how well Jake is doing.
His sense of humor is ever present. He is always making us laugh, he loves being involved with the basketball team. They all look up to him so much. He was shooting with them, and he still doesn't make the shots like he once did, the team was cheering him on and giving him a hard time when the shots weren't dropping. I think he told them that they shouldn't talk with a free throw percentage of 13%. They all laughed. It is amazing to me how much he can laugh at himself.
He likes hanging out with Bill they have decided to visit with folks on Mondays. This is a great opportunity for him to make others feel better.

Miah is enjoying his senior year. We enjoy watching him play basketball. He works hard at defense, one game he only had 3 fouls, at the end of the game he ended up with a fat lip from someone's elbow as he was trying to get the rebound. Jack from his team told him that the reason for the fat lip was God telling him that he wasn't working hard enough because he only had 3 fouls for that game. One of the games this past weekend he was high scorer with 14. There was conversation at our house the night before as to whether he would break his all time scoring high (12), Jake told him that even if he broke his own record that he would never be able to break Jake's record of 15. At the end of the game Miah accused Jake of pulling him out and not letting him play anymore after he scored 14. (Sometimes Jake is in charge of subbing) of coarse Jake denied this, but who will ever know, all I know is if Miah had made a free throw at the beginning of the game he would have at least tied it.

Josie is singing in the anthem this week for the basketball game. She is going to be 1st alto backup for boroughs. She is really proud of herself. She is doing pretty good in school. I think that she is growing up a little too fast.
Sawyer is back in school. It was fun having him home over Christmas, although we only saw him on our trip but as soon as we got home he is over at friends and off seeing everyone, his rig was being worked on so he had to bum Shaph's truck, or my car. He really doesn't seem like he minds doing that though. He did come to some of Miah's games though. I was being silly with my friends at one of the games and Sawyer told Autumn now you know why I don't sit by my mom at basketball games. I think he is silly sometimes too. I thought it was funny that he and Jake got to sit by one another on the plane.
When they would ask if anyone needed any extra assistance he got to go with Jake. So Jake began to call him his "assister". I thought that was really clever of him to have that kind of play on words. Sawyer was called that by Jake the whole trip.
Shaph and Autumn are doing well too. They had my house really decorated nice after Christmas. It was funny Darby really loves Autumn now. I am not sure the feelings are mutual.
We really loved seeing all of our families over the holidays. Time went by way too fast, but we made the most of our stay and enjoyed some summer time weather in the middle of winter. We did wish Shaph and Autumn would have been able to go with us. We had some adventures on our trip, my little Alaska children don't know about rip tides and where to swim in the ocean. So 3 of them got to be rescued by the bay watch babes. After Josie and my Niece were out too far and began to panic the other Sawyer and Jake and my other Niece decided that they should rescue them. (I know Jake can barely walk I think he forgot that he can't swim that strong yet) Anyway then they all got caught. There were 3 lifeguards, 6 paramedic 2 ambulances, 1 fire truck, and don't forget the camera crew. I vowed not to let any of them swim anymore in the ocean. It really freaked me out. Jake was the last one to be saved. I guess they picked the worse place on the beach to swim, but like I said they had no idea swimming between 2 guard shacks was bad or that they were in the one place known for bad rip tides. It was fun to be there but it was nice to get home.
It has really snowed this winter, but I am loving that the sunlight is beginning to hang a little in the sky. I really love this time of year, my favorite month is Feb., and that is almost here.
We continue to give our praise to God for all of His blessings. Looking back now I would say that this is a pretty good update. : )
Love to all
Ant
Sorry about the delay and I will try to do better.


5 comments:
Hey, Its great to see a new update! Who would have thought that a Jan 07 entry would show your WHOLE family playing and laughing at a beautiful Florida beach! Praise God!
Hey Jake! I am one who checks almost every day. I am little Lukey's Grandma. I keep you in my prayers. My prayer is that you will continue to heal, and trust in the Lord. :) Carmy
Oh Ant, I'm soooo proud you blogged!! Did you realize it's been 2 months?? (hahah)
I loved the update, specially the part about Darby and Autumn. I thought everyone loved Darby!!
Love you all tons.
ant, thanks for blogging! it's great to hear about jake's improvements. we love you guys
I just cannot believe my eyes!! About time, Ant! he he he. Would would have thought that YOUR children would need that much help to get out of the ocean...what wimps...he he he.
We miss ya'll, don't you want to come to Texas to see your family?
Love ya'll!
Post a Comment