Saturday, February 03, 2007

Run around man


I know this is suppose to be a post about the progress of Jake, the only problem is that I seldom see the boy. He is here briefly at best. You may be asking yourself where then is Jake. For the most part he stays at his buddy Bill's house. He will call home from time to time for me to bring him some clean clothes. I do think that there are times he will wear Bill's.

He is really doing great, all kidding aside. His therapies are coming along, and his OT decided that he only needs to come in twice a week. Then today his PT said the smae thing. He was tested on his strength today and she decided that the only real thing he needs to work on is his balance, although that is really coming along too.

He had to go to the dentist today, I guess he had to have a root canal (ouch). He is still helping with coaching. I think that is in his blood. He helps Miah with his shot, and is there for his moral support.

We did not make it to Kodiak last week. They rescheduled the games for this week, the only problem with that is Jake and I cannot go. On Wednesday he has a big follow up appointment with the Dr. from the hospital, that is where he gets an official progress report. I am really bummed because I was looking forward to going to Kodiak. Rick is going with the team. It is kind of funny how things work out, at first I was going w/o Rick, then we were both going to get to go, and now he is going w/o me. Where is the justice. I know he is going to eat the king crab legs that they serve in their concession stand, that was one really big reason I was wanting to go.
The team did play last Saturday though, it was a good game. We won, I guess you could figure that out since I said it was a good game. Miah had 6 points a 4 or 5 steals, one that should have ended up with him scoring a fast break lay up but he was robbed by a ref who blew his whistle and called him for a charge, I am not bitter or anything, and he had 3 or 4 assists. Josie sang the anthem. she really sounded good.
The photo above was taken at sunset the other day out our back door. It reminds me of God's goodness and how beautiful His creation is.
I will go for now, I will let you know the outcome of the Dr appointment.
Love to all
Ant

3 comments:

MrsM said...

That picture is beautiful.

Jenn said...

You are such a great supportive mom, Ant! I was holding Parker this morning just trying to think about what is in his future...it's amamzing how fast they grow. I'm sure you still look at yours and still see their little faces from when they were infants! My, they just grow way too fast. Thanks so much for the letter...the pictures are great!!
Sorry about the Kodiak trip...I'm sure the refs missed you for sure!! he he he
Tell Josie to keep up the singing...we can get her a music sship to Harding! :)

MrsM said...

"I'm sure the refs missed you for sure!! he he he"

... hahahahahahaha

Seems Jenn knows you all too well Ant! haha

I just had to comment on your new template - it looks great!