We have had a baby moose hanging out in our yard. I noticed it when I took my dogs out to potty. My male went down barking at the poor thing, he came right back up although Darby was a little harder to convience. I waited as the moose decided whether or not it was safe to leave my yard. As he was walking away I noticed it had a limp. I thought it might be because the snow is getting rotten so it may be having trouble staying atop it. I didn't see it again until later that night. I came and bedded down under a giant spruce tree in my neighbor's yard. He was still limping and still no sign of mom. The next morning once again he was down below munching on the willows. Still limping. I took some photos of him as he went up my drive he was still limping even out of the snow. He has not returned. I am sure his mom was hit on the road and he is trying to make it on his own. My kids wanted me to call someone, but I tried that 2 or 3 years ago and they said that they do not do anything, they just let nature take its coarse.
Jake is off to Homer with Kristina to see her grandparents. Rick comes home for a couple of days. Miah is still being honored for having won state. They went to the school board meeting last night. I will put both pictures on one of the moose and the other of the group of kids after the meeting.
Love to all
Ant


No comments:
Post a Comment