Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fair time

Rick Jake and Miah got back from hunting last Sunday, they didn't see anything but Jake said it was good to be hiking in the Alaska Wilderness again. (he said since they didn't get any game they were hiking and not hunting.)

He and Miah are volunteering at the state fair on week days 3 hours a day. They are guiding school kids around on their field trips. I think they are more excited about the free admission and the free parking.

I did take a peak yesterday at the entrys, I should say that Diane and I snuck in and we were kicked out but not before seeing that I didn't win any ribons on my photos, but the shawl that I made for Autumn's wedding won 1st.

We picked Jake up this afternoon to take him into Anchorage for his driving test. We thought it would take about 3 hours, but it only took him 2. He passed the test but it will take about a week to get signed off with DMV. I am not sure he will jump right into driving.

Josie will be going to Fairbanks this weekend for a dive meet. I think most of her meets are traveling. The rest of the fam are going with Shaph and Autumn and her parents and grandparents to Homer to do some halibut fishing. Should be fun.

Love to all
ant

1 comment:

akscotts said...

congratulations on your first place with your shawl! that's wonderful. good job, jake, on passing your test! we love you guys. tanya