Friday, September 14, 2007

Wow Miah really is a college boy

Setting Miah up for school ended up being more of an ordeal than I thought it would be. The house that the coach found for Miah and 3 other ball players to rent was in quit a mess when me and my parents first saw it. I don't think it had been cleaned for since the last people left. It was beyond dusty, there was about an inch of mold behind the tub. We scrubbed the kitchen, bathroom, dining room and the laundry room down with bleach. It took us 3 days to get it where it didn't stink when we walked in. There was not a fridge when I got there so we had to decide if everyone was going to get their own small fridge or one big one. There wasn't a washer and dryer either but they will have to make due without that.

Since Miah's check was the last to be recieved he got last dibs on a room, and since no one wanted to share a bedroom he was told when we got there that he was going to be stuck in the dining room. I didn't like that idea since I knew he wouln't have any privacy. There was a craft room (very small) off of the laundry room and shelves and a hanging rod for clothes on the other side of the laundry room. Mom and I decided that would be a better place to have a bedroom. Miah was not hot on the idea since it was really messy. When he was at an open gym we cleaned it up, took one of the shelves down so his bed could fit. when he got home he decided that would be better than the dining room. This is a photo of his bed crammed into the small space. It looks better in person than it does here. He has been making his bed every morning. I hope that lasts.









I do think that Miah is going to like his room mates they seem to be easy going, although there was one that I still had not met. This is a photo of Jordan and Miah.


One this is the other room mate Devon. He is from Idaho.



I did have a lot of fun with my parents. They helped me out a lot. I would still be there trying to get things done if they hadn't come to help me.

The Church there is going to be excited to have him since he is their only youth. One of his room mates went with him to Church last Wednesday night.


While I was down there I got to spend some time with Camille, my cousin, and her family. She has 2 teen age boys 14 and 16 and her husband. They live right on the Columbus river so one afternoon we went jet skiing. I never thought I would like that, but it was a lot of fun. My dad acted like he was a pro and went what my mom and I thought was way too fast.
We also went to one of her son's football games, that was fun too.

Well life will be different without MIah, but I know it will be good for him to test his wings and see what the Lord has in store for him. He is not sure how much he will get to play, I think a lot but I may be biased.

Well I will go for now, I forgot to take photos of the outside of the house or the rest of the house.

Love to all
Ant

1 comment:

MrsM said...

We should make him start a blog.

*wink*