Hi all, just thought I would give a brief update on my current events
This weekend Josie went with her friend to their cabin in Petersville. She had Monday off so it was a long weekend, you may be asking yourself the same question that I asked myself and that was didn't they just have a 2 week vacation? Anyway she had a good time snowmachining and sleding. She said that snowmachining out it was 22 degrees below 0. That is a little too cold for me to enjoy any time outside.
Sawyer had some friends come down for a jazz type fest at UAA. they said that it was not vey well organized. I think he had fun not going to work at 4:30 in the morning. He was pretty tired all weekend.
Jake is liking his job, except he has to miss all of the high school basketball games. I try to recap them for him, although I am sure that is lacking. I cannot tell you how good he is doing, I still find myself thinking back on those days in the hospital and all of the support that we had from so many. He has come a long way in his recovery this year. When Rick and I went to go and pick him up from work we saw him running down the stairs, running, we both smiled at each other knowing what a great accomplishment this was. Kristina is working hard at planning the wedding, I am sure that it is going to be beautiful. She is very organized and totally researches exactly what they want. It is coming quick only 5 short months.
I heard from Shaph and Autumn. They are doing good. Shaph comes home tomorrow night to go back to work Wed morning for a week. Then he gets to go back to the warm sunshine of NM for another 3 weeks. He got to go out hunting with Autumn's family. They love spending time in the outdoors.
Miah is doing okay. He is still playing for the basketball team in Centralia WA. They are not doing very well. They have still only won one game and he seems to be frustrated. I was reading the online paper from there and it said they had over 25 turnovers, that was from the starters, it is hard to win the game if you give the ball away.
Miah got to play for about 7 minutes and in those minutes he had 0 turnovers 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 free throws and 2 assists. He also guarded the high scorer on the opposing team when he would go in. Sometimes a coach measures the worth of a player by how many points they put in the basket and not the whole player. He has really found a good friend there though, Devon. and he is liking his classes.
Now for me, yes I too have a story. I have always told my kids that I hate rudeness, and the one thing that I can not tolerate is rudeness, I just wanted to preface my story with that. I was in Anchorage the other day, going to a basketball game, although I thought I would do some shopping first. They changed the entrance to this store so I was bummed, I mean half the time I am lost in Anchorage so I do not like it when they change things like that. Anyway I had to find a place to turn around, well the next street was a one way the wrong way so I continued to the next street. As I was turning right, I was going really slow because the roads were ice and snow packed, I started to slide, that would not have been so bad except there was another vechile waiting at a stop sign. Well you guessed it I slid right into his back door. (everyone knows to let your foot off the break when you are sliding, it is just hard to do that when you are heading right for another car) Anyway we both pulled into an empty parking lot next to the street. The man was angry, which I would have expected, but he was also rude. When I got out of my truck I apoligized to him and his response was "well I at least hope you have insurance". I had to wonder what would make him say such a thing. Did I look like "Valley Trash" Was it just because my truck needed a bath that would make him say such a comment. He then asked if I would call the police, which I was glad to do. The police asked me what I was driving so I told them, then they asked what the other car was. The man seemed to have a very arogant tone when he told me that it was a Lexus. After I got off the phone I felt like he was trying to be intemidating and he told me that this was not the 1st time somebody had hit him and that time it was minor damage and the cost was $8,000. I decided it would be best to wait for the police in my truck, after all it was -6 outside. The police came and took our statements. and while she was filling out her paperwork in her cruiser another small suv came aroung the same corner up into the parking lot and hit the same man in the back of his Lexus. I looked over at him and he was pounding his steering wheel. I did not laugh but I thought maybe his Lexus has a complex or something and sends out the signal to other vechiles to damage it. Oh and by the way nothing was wrong with my truck, it barely knocked the dirt off. I do hope that he learned a lesson not to be rude.
Well I will go for now, and will try and get some photos up for you
Love to all
Ant
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
ant, you crack me up!! - what?? you being lost in anchorage!!!
I am sooooo happy to hear about jake and all his progress!
when is jake and kristina's wedding?
love ya!
That's really funny. Sounds like God may be trying to teach that man a valuable lesson. Hope he learns it soon.
Okay, that is soo funny...Okay, I shouldn't laugh, but okay, I am. I'm with Tanya, when is the wedding and don't ya'll want to have it in the lower 48 again. The other wedding was so very convienient for us to go to!!! :)
Maybe Grace and I could make an appearance with some of our frequent flyer miles if she is out of school...who knows????
Tell Autumn Happy Birthday for us!! We love ya'll and miss ya!!!
the wedding is the 28th of June, don't quote me on that but if my memory serves me correctly. I know they are going to send out invitations soon
Ant
Post a Comment