Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hey, I'm back

I know, I know you thought I had dropped out of the blogging world, but enjoy, for today I am back.

The holidays brought their typical rush, and now that they are over I am stilled rushed, but you won't hear me crying over that.

Miah got to come home for a short bit, it was fun to see him and I know he liked seeing his friends. His team have only won one game and that is while we were there visiting. I have tried to tell Rick all of these years that I am a lucky charm now maybe he will believe me.

Sawyer is home for his Christmas break now although he started his job and he is working in Anchorage 7 12s so I really don't get to see him
He leaves the house at 4:30 am and gets home in time to go to bed at 10:00.

Shaph and Autumn are still in NM they are doing well. I got to see him as he passed through the airport. and he looked like I remembered him looking so I guess he is doing okay.

Josie is loving no school for a couple of weeks. I told the kids that since Autumn was not here and she always provides such wonderful treats to eat that each of them had to make a dessert for Christmas. Well Miah made a couple of Key Lime pies, they were pretty good although he didn't know what it meant to seperate the eggs so on the first one he put one egg on one side of the counter and put the other egg on the other side.(not really) but he didn't know how to get the yolks out of the slime of the whites, he was sure that it would not matter, I showed him how then I had him make another but when we were eating he would only eat the one that he made first, he thought it tasted just fine, it tasted okay but the other was still better. Sawyer made a cheese cake from scratch, yummy. And Jake made some cream cheese bars. Josie was suppose to make a pumpkin pie but she hid, at least that is what it seems. I still haven't got the pumpkin pie

Jake is really doing good. He started a job. Yes you read that right and you aren't seeing things. we are excited for him and he is excited too. He has to be there around 8 and gets off around 6. Its at a new gym that will open this weekend. He is going to be instructing kids on how to play bball but for the past couple of weeks he has been putting exercise equipment together for the workout area. He has been getting tired but it is a good tired.

We love everyone and will try to do better'

I know what you are thinking promises, promises.

love to all
ant

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my word! I can't believe it...a post!! So glad to hear about Jake's job, that is GREAT!! You didn't mention Rick...all the kids got a word in but Rick. I'm guessing he is just fine, too...just thought it was funny!
Love ya'll,
Jenn

Jake said...

Look at you, actually writing again. wow.. Good for Jake. Yawl are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Look at what your G-Aunt and G-Uncle are up to now:
http://texastasters.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

well ant, i promised a comment so here it is. i enjoyed beating you at hand and foot:) and the next time we come over, could we have some more of that cajun blackened soup. love you and amanda and i thank you for the invite over everything was great. bill

akscotts said...

ant!!! you blogged! i'm so happy to see that you haven't given up blogging! please say hi to all your family from us:) we love you guys
tanya