What in the world am I talking about you might ask. It is simple if you know the little boy Caleb, cute adorable Caleb. He has been asking me to have a party for a few weeks now, and I would usually respond in the same way "Okay Caleb one of these days we will have a pirate party." Of coarse we all know that when it is left up to adults there is always something else that seems more important to deal with, you know parties take a lot of planning, cleaning way too much work so although I had the best intention something that seemed more important would always rear its ugly head.
I don't know if Caleb got tired of asking me, but this time he decided to take his case to the top. His mom you might presume and if you did you would be wrong, he went to Jake last Sunday after Church. I am sure in his mind Jake makes the announcements at Church so he must have some say so since he tells everyone there what is happening. Anyway he asked if they could have a pirate party. Jake said sure. Then he asked if it could be at my house, and Jake quickly said that he didn't see why not. So the die was cast Pirate Party at Ant's house Wednesday 2:00. The only problem with the plan is they forgot to let me know.
Fast forward to Wednesday Morning around 11:00 I am driving to Amber's to make some sun bonnets with her mom. (Remind me later and I will tell you what they are for, but for now back to the story) I called Amber as I was driving over there to see if her mom was still going to be able to meet. That is when Amber asked if I knew about our sons plans at my house later that afternoon. "No" I said "I had not heard about the party." She was trying to help me out after all my house was a mess, Rick was coming home the next morning and I was suppose to meet a lady at Church at 5:30 that afternoon.
"Don't worry about it" she was quick to say, "it sounds like you have a lot going on" She offered to just pick Jake up and bring him over to her house and let Jake play with Caleb. I told Amber it was no big deal I would get Josie to help me clean when she got out of school and even better I would pick Jake up from Bills and he could help me clean too. When I got to her house Caleb was so excited about the party. He told me that it started at 2:00 the only problem with that plan was he had school until 3:30. I reminded him of that and he said "oh its okay you can save me some cake".
When I left Ambers I called Jake as soon as he answered he said "oh mom did I tell you that there is a pirate party at your house today." I told him how Amber had just told me and that I was coming to pick him up so that he could help me clean. He said he didn't need a ride because Bill said that he felt up for a pirate party so he was going to come too. (Amanda wasn't feeling up to dressing up as a pirate I think it is a pregnant thing)
Josie and I kicked it into high gear and got the house clean in no time. I had some thawed out burger so I made some burger soup and biscuts. Jake and Bill showed up Jake brought a cake and they dug up some costumes.
Amber, Diane and all 3 boys came dressed up. They brought pizza and ice cream. Caleb told Amber that Jake was bringing the cake but she wasn't sure if she should believe him. I guess in their planning Caleb told Jake that Pirate parties have cake pinatas and candy. Jake told him that he would bring the cake and he could bring whatever else he wanted.
The boys had fun chasing each other with the swords that they made. They would make each other walk the plank and they all ran themselves ragged for an hour and a half.
It was so fun, and stress free. I just thought of the scripture where it talks about do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will take care of itself, and guess what I got most of my stuff done and we had a great party too.
We need to remember back to the simpler times when we would just do something because it sounds like fun, even if it is only for a little while and if it starts without me just save me some cake.
thanks Caleb
love to all
Arrgh
Ant


3 comments:
hahahahahahaha.....
ARGGG! What a great thing...ya'll are the best...Go Pirates!
Ant,
I couldn't have said it better myself. The only thing better than pirate parties is your family. I am so thankful that you make my boys dreams come true.
Love and the best friends ever!!!
Post a Comment