Monday, April 14, 2008

we didn't paint the town red but .......

Getting ready for the wedding I was talking to Autumn and Stacey about the cleaning that I was going to start. As we were talking we thought it would be cool to paint a couple of walls in a couple of rooms. The next day I got some paint chips and had them help me decide on the colors a darker green and terracotta in the entry and a yellow in the Kitchen. I mentioned to Amber and Diane what we were going to do and Diane was up for helping too. We picked the paint and thought we could paint on Saturday night. I hadn't said anything to Rick yet so they thought it would be cool not to tell him and let it be a surprise. I was so excited about the new project that I started painting on Friday night. I got the walls rolled in the entry (Autumn said that she would do all of the cutting in around the ceiling and the door frames so I had the easy part.) and that was when Diane thought it didn't look complete decided that it would look better to do all of the walls. Amber brought the boys over and they played while we painted, it was a fun party. We could not figure out why that small room was taking us so long, then we remembered that it had 6 doors and 4 windows, poor poor Autumn, although Diane helped her cut in too. We stayed up until midnight decorating that room. I was so excited it was really hard not to tell Rick. He called and everyone was quiet while I talked to him.

Sunday afternoon we started painting the Kitchen. It went faster but it was still hard to paint around the cabinets. Diane and Autumn tackled that too. Amber came over again and when Rick called he thought I was just getting my partying over with before he came over. Then Stacey and Autumn helped me decorate it. I feel like I am living in one of those magazine houses.

When Rick got home I started telling him that it seemed like there was something big that I had forgot to tell him. I would say something about every 5 miles. When we walked in I said oh yeah that's it we painted. He liked it too.














here are some photos to let you see


Love to all
Ant

No comments: