Thursday, April 10, 2008

You would think that I would learn



Sometimes I have to wonder about myself, if I am losing my mind, then I just have to laugh because I am not sure I ever fully had it.

About 6 weeks ago or so I was home alone and Darby started barking and wouldn't stop.
She barks when she thinks someone is at the door but I can usually make her stop. Well this night she would not stop barking. The wind was really howling outside to I chalked it up to that and thought she was just hearing noises. Well then there was a loud thud on my porch. It made me jump and I thought there is no way that was the wind. I got up to look what had made the noise and I saw a couple of dogs on my porch. Lil, our Chesapeake was in heat and we had numerous male suttors come a calling. I yelled through the door to get home. I couldn't tell if they were leaving so I was going to another window to see what they were up to. I noticed that my garage door was wide open. I came home about 3 or 4 hours earlier and I was sure that I had closed the door. So my two Chessies who live in the garage in the winter were the two dogs that I saw and they were now they were nestled down in their kennel thinking they were in trouble for running off. This began to freak me out because the garage was really cold so I knew that the door had been open for a while.

Different things run through your head when there is something out of the ordinary like, who is trying to break in and why would they leave through the huge garage door? As I investigated I noticed that my car door was also open. This was really weird. I looked in my car and it was all in shambles. The mail from earlier that day was in shreds and there was a package that I had recieved and it was in bits. Then I noticed that everything had bite marks on it. That is when it hit me....

I forgot to close my car door. My 2 bored dogs noticed it right off went on a rampage I keep the garage door opener in a little cubby on the dash and there were teeth marks on that too.

If they could talk I am sure that Rip, the male would be telling Lil, Shazam Lil I think I found the magic button. Who knows how long they were gone, but I am sure they had a great time. (I hope Lil didn't have too good of a time if you get my drift)

Well today when I got home and went to let the pups out to play a little I could not find Rip. I was calling him, I mean there are not that many hiding places in a garage. There he was in the car, newly vaccumed car I might add, he found my purse and decided to chew on my new lip balm, found some lotion opened it and 1/4 of it is gone. ripped through the mail agian. He luckily didn't remember where the garage door opener was. You would think that I would learn, and I think I have next time I am bringing in the mail as soon as I come home.

Love to all
Ant

Here are some more photos of my trip and other exciting things

No comments: