Saturday, June 07, 2008

I ask the question do weird things happen to everyone or do they just happen to wierd people? I had the oddest coinsidence happen to me the other day it made me ask this question.

There is a new lady (and her family) that have moved here and are coming to our Church. I met her a couple of times but I didn't know her well by sight. I know she has curly hair, and she is taller than I am, she is also younger than I am. She has a babe in arms and she also has a 5 year old son. I was in Walmart the other day with Josie and Sawyer and I saw a woman who I thought was her, she also had curly hair and 2 kids about the same age. So I excitedly said "OH HI" then I became unsure as to whether or not it was indeed her (I noticed the older child was a girl and not a boy), so then I said "oh you're not . . .
Then she said "yes I am, how are you doing." With renewed reconition I responded, "I'm doing great, these are 2 of my kids Sawyer and Josie", to which she replied, "I can't believe how much they have grown. Okay I then knew that I was not talking to the woman who had just moved here, but someone who I could not remember. The lady then asked, "how is your mom?" "fine", I said still trying to place her. "I think she tried to call me the last time she was up here" she went on. Now I knew who she was, someone my mom use to work with when they lived here, but I could not recall her name. About that time the lady who I thought I talking to walked by. I got her attention and told her hi. She returned the greeting but kept walking and my conversation with the other lady ended. I then told my kids that the second woman who I said hi to was the woman who I thought I was talking to in the beginning

I told the story to the lady on Sunday at Church, and she said that was the 1st time she had been in Walmart.

So I ask the question again do weird things happen to everyone or only to weird people? It was funny, and I will probably keep talking to people who I am not sure who they are while trying to remember their name.

So if I see you at Walmart or just around town and I am holding a conversation with you do not assume that I am totally sure who you are.

Love to all
ant

3 comments:

akscotts said...

ant, you are funny!
tanya

prudhoeman said...

That’s a funny story.
I talk to people all the time that I should know or they know me, when we get done talking and walk away Kiana will ask me “who was that?” My usual response is “I’m not sure.”

Jenn said...

Okay, Ant...we are waiting for wedding pictures to be posted!! Hope that things went GREAT!!!