As mayor she spoke at Jake's middle school graduation (she also spoke at his high school graduation) As Govenor she spoke at Jeremiah's graduation, now what if she is VP and she speaks at Josie's graduation how cool would that be?
We have known her family for a while, our kids were in the same grade. Jeremiah and her son played some ball together until Track went into hockey and Miah stayed in basketball. They did play on a 3 on 3 tounament together in their middle school years. They lost to a girls team, these same girls would grow up and play on the high school team and also win state the same year Miah did.


Josie and her daughter, Bristol, would go to basketball camps together all through grade school and middle school.
She coached her daughter in "little dribblers as did I, well for one year. When our teams met we lost by a lot to a little. She would usually come to the basketball games to root for the Warriors, she has to have great common sense.
We knew each other to the extent where I would tell her hi in the street and she would tell me hi as well. When Jake was recovering I saw her at a fund raiser and she said "your family has sure been in the news a lot lately" I guess I could tell her the same thing now. So this is my brush with greatness.
I know that she is a conservative in the fact that she is anti abortion, and she is pro gun, but her tenure as gov I thought she has governed more liberal than I like. She raised taxes on the oil companies, she has fought the conservative wing in the legislature a few times over some of her pet projects. She has however fought to clean up the republican party in Alaska and she did sell the private jet that our last gov. just had to have. Her son graduated with Miah, and her daughter went to Wasilla last year, I am not sure about this year, so she has not gotten stuck up living only in the Govenor's mansion she stays in Wasilla as much as possible. Jake even saw her 6 weeks before his wedding and she gave him her private address so he could send her and her family an invite to his wedding, unfortunately she had other activities that day like speaking at the kickoff of a celebration for our states 50th birthday at Elmendorf.
I like her and I am excited about the prospect of an Alaskan, a Wasillian, a Warrior becoming VP. She is very much down to earth. So I will end with this McCain/Palin '08
This is a photo of Jeremiah hugging Sarah after his graduation. Wow maybe he could be her PR person.
and here is Sarah hugging Miah after he won State 2 years ago.
Pretty neat
Love to all ant


2 comments:
Love the post...I knew you would have a great perspective on her, Ant!! Give our love to all the kids!
all of the kids are doing great. sawyer leaves for fairbanks in the morning and miah leaves next sunday night. rick leaves on wednesday, pretty soon it will be josie and me. the summer went too fast
Post a Comment