Thursday, September 18, 2008

Deanli Road Lottery


Last Saturday Autumn, Josie and I went to Denali.  We met Sawyer there and then we all drove into the park together.  Oh I almost forgot to say that Darby went too. 


Sometimes Darby was more interested than Josie.


I was excited to take some photos of some wild animals.  The funny thing is though before we got into the park there was a truck stopped on the other side of the road.  He was watching a brown bear coming out of a creek bed.   I rushed to get my camera out but I only got his hind end through the back window. I thought this is going to be easy if bears are coming onto the road before we even get into the park.



As we went in I spotted the first bear and felt pretty proud of myself as being the game spotter, quite a few cars stopped after we did and showed them where the bear was. 

Here is the bear that I spotted, he really blended in with the scenery.

As we went on Autumn spotted a bear that was camouflaged by the rocks.  We turned around and the bear walked right up the creek and under the bridge where we were standing.  We watched this bear for about 3 0r 4 minutes before the other cars came.  It was fun.  She ended up being the best spotter.

Autumn's bear that she spotted came so close.  





We saw 12 brown bears, 3 moose, quite a few sheep, and a small herd of caribou.  We had so much fun and didn't leave the park until 10:00 that night.  Sawyer went back to Fairbanks and we got home around 2 in the morning.  I am ready to do it next year.




Love to all
ant  



1 comment:

Casey said...

That's so neat that you guys got to see tons of wildlife!!!I love the picture of Darby. She seems so deprived of attention ;) Casey Goodman