Saturday, February 21, 2009

Good times in Washington

We made it back to the far north but had a great time in Washington.  Rick's mom and dad came up too.  It worked out well meeting in the middle and spending some time with them while seeing Miah.  We made it in on Sat the 7th.  Our flight left late so I was a little concerned about getting there on time.  Well we had tail winds so our flight not only made it on time I think we were a little early. We checked the status of the flight that Billie and Don were on and they were scheduled to arrive early too.  We went and got the rental car and were pulling up to the airport when I got the call from Don that they were in.  The timing couldn't have been better if we planned it ourselves.  We headed to Olympia because Miah had a game that was starting soon after we arrived.  We made it to that game and unfortunately they lost.  Miah didn't play at all in the first half and when he did get in I think they were down by 15 or maybe more.  They ended up losing by 9.  

We went and found a motel in Centralia, then went to eat with Jeremiah.




We had fun going to Mt St. Helens and up the Columbia River.  Going through the Columbia Gorge and Seeing Mr Raineer.  There is some beautiful country that our God created.  We went to the capital and it was grand.  Some of the marble in the capital came from Alaska.  



We saw 3 games total and they lost all of them.  Oh well.  I think there are too many kids these days who are in things only for themselves.  It is rare to find kids who are in the game for the team.  I felt like there were 3 or 4 kids with the later attitude but unfortunately the coach  does not see it like that and plays the kids who are black holes of the team (if they get the ball they are going to keep it until they shoot.) These black holes think it is beneath them to play any sort of defense so the other teams seem to have their way.  I think this team could have been in the NWAAC tournament however to much selfishness kept them out.  Oh well most of you know how I hate to lose so that might be coming through.

The congragation was friendly and we hit the first Sunday for their potluck.  We enjoyed visiting with everyone there.

We had a great time and would encourage you to go and see the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Love to all 
ant

No comments: